Invitation letter and Visa
Citizens of non-CIS countries should obtain a student visa in order to have possibility to study in Russia. Visa has to be acquired before leaving a home country.
Foreign citizens, who interested in studying at the Academy, should contact in advance International relations office of the Academy. (Solyanoj pereulok 2, 2nd floor, office 205, 191028, Saint Petersburg, Russia; tel.\fax: +7 (812) 579-52-96; e-mail: email@example.com)
Before applying for visa foreign citizens must have an invitation letter, which is conducted through Academy.
After receiving the invitation letter, foreign citizen can apply for a visa in Embassy or Consulate of the Russian Federation in the home country.
Documents required for visa are country specific, so it is highly recommended to read about requirements beforehand.
The visa is granted for three months (90 days).
For accepted foreign degree applicants will be issued a multiple visa.
The issuance of an official invitation and visa is within 1-1.5 months.
Note! Some countries require a health insurance for obtaining a visa.
Foreign citizens are requested to familiarize themselves with “Basic rules of foreign citizen’s residence in the territory of the Russian Federation”.
All foreign citizens who come to study in St. Petersburg State Stieglitz Academy of Art and Design must have a migration registration, which is legalized with a help of International relations office. Therefore foreign citizens should visit International relations office immediately on arrival in Russia.
For the registration foreign citizens should submit: international passport and migration card stamped by Border Control (Immigration).
Accepted foreign applicants are requested to inform International relations office in advance about the arrival dates and visit International relations office on arrival.
Health insurance is a mandatory requirement for all foreign students regardless of their nationality and the duration of their stay in Russia while studying at the Academy.
Health insurance can be obtained either in a home country or after arrival in Russia. The International relations office provides assistance with obtaining the health insurance.
Note! Health insurance acquired in a home country also must сover students’ stay in Russia. Some countries require a health insurance for obtaining a visa.
The Academy provides a dormitory. International students may be accommodated in shared rooms for two.
Accommodation fee: RUB1570 per month.
The dormitory is located at Prospekt Kuznetsova 30/9, St. Petersburg, 198328.
For additional questions or further information, please contact the International Relations Office via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
BASIC RULES FOR FOREIGN CITIZEN’S RESIDENCE IN THE TERRITORY OF
THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
1. All foreign citizens coming to the St. Petersburg Stieglitz State Academy of Art and Design (hereafter the Academy) for the purpose of studying/having internship/getting postgraduate education or coming back from vacation should visit the International Relations Office (hereafter IRO; address: Solyanoy pereulok 2, 2nd floor, office # 205) on the day of their arrival or the next day before 16:00 (4pm) (excluding public holidays and weekends) for the migration registration procedure.
For the migration registration procedure foreign citizens must submit: an international passport and the migration card stamped by the Customs (Immigration Officers).
2. For an extension of the migration registration, foreign students must submit the following documents to the IRO of the Academy: an application, an international passport and the migration card stamped by the Customs (Immigration Officers). All the documents must be submitted 15 working days before the expiration date of the valid registration.
3. For obtaining a multiple entry visa, foreign students must submit the following documents to the IRO of the Academy: an application, an international passport and the migration card stamped by the Customs (Immigration Officers). Foreign students must submit the above-mentioned documents 1 month (21 working days) before the expiration date of a valid visa. An extension of the migration registration in the territory of the Russian Federation takes place simultaneously with the visa issuance process. A multiple entry visa is valid for the duration of the study period, but no longer than 1 year.
4. Before traveling to other cities of the Russian Federation foreign students should inform the IRO of the Academy about the purpose of their trip, the duration of their trip and their accommodation. The above-mentioned information should be provided in a written form and signed by the Head of the Department and the Dean of the Faculty.
Foreign students must receive a certificate issued by the IRO conforming their trip.
5. Foreign students must inform the IRO of the Academy about their return in Saint Petersburgwithin two working days after their arrival. Note! Hotels have their own migration registration procedure. If a foreign student stays in a hotel, his/her previous migration registration expires automatically. Therefore, a foreign student must be reregistered after his/her return in Saint Petersburg. Thus, a foreign student should immediately visit the IRO upon his/her arrival in Saint Petersburg. Please, see #1 in the list about the migration registration procedure.
6. Note! Hospitals have their own migration registration procedure. If a foreign student requires medical treatment in a hospital, his/her previous migration registration expires automatically. Please, see #1 in the list about the migration registration procedure.
7. Before leaving the territory of the Russian Federation (e.g. vacations) foreign students should inform the IRO of the Academy about the purpose of their trip, the duration of their trip and their accommodation. The above-mentioned information should be provided in a written form and signed by the Head of the Department and the Dean of the Faculty. A foreign student must inform the IRO of the Academy about his/her return in Saint Petersburg the same day of his/her arrival or the next day before 16:00 (6pm).
8. If a foreign student changes his/her phone number or his/her place of residence in Saint Petersburg (including the Leningrad region), he/she must inform the IRO of the Academy and provide the new information within two working days.
9. If the documents (passport, ID, migration card, notifications, etc.) are lost or stolen, a foreign student must immediately inform the nearest police station and obtain a police written confirmation abut the loss. Foreign students should inform the IRO of the Academy about the incident as well.
10. A foreign student must extend or change his/her international passport 7 months before its expiration date and submit it to the IRO of the Academy (office# 205). A foreign student must visit the IRO 2 months before the expiration date of the visa, in order to apply for a new visa.
11. After graduation or dismissal from the Academy foreign students must depart the Russian Federation according to the rules determined by the Administration of the Academy. In order to leave the territory of the Russian Federation a foreign citizen must have an international passport, a stamped migration card, a visa and a migration registration.
12. All foreign students must have sufficient health- and life insurance coverage during their study period at the Academy. The IRO may provide assistance with obtaining the insurance.
13. Foreign students are obliged to follow the rules of the Academy and the laws of the Russian Federation. Any violation of registration by students has following consequences: a fine of RUB5000, academic exclusion, and deportation from the country in accordance with the current legislation of the Russian Federation.
14. The IRO doesn’t provide invitations for foreign citizens, who do not intend to study at the Academy (relatives, friends or acquaintances of the students).
Legalization of foreign documents for using in the Russian Federation
Legalization is a legal procedure aimed at confirming confirmation that the document provided by the authorities of a foreign state is in accordance with the laws and regulations of the state. Legalization consists in the authentication of the signature of the official who has signed the document and of the stamp of the authorized state structure.
Foreign documents confirming education intended for use in the Russian Federation are legalized in the Russian Embassies or Consulates abroad after they have been legalized in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or in any other state representative of the state of the origin of the document in the order provided by the legislation of the state.
In accordance with The Hague Convention from October 5, 1961 abolishing the requirements of legalization of foreign documents (which Russia joined on May 31, 1992) documents intended for submission in the official bodies of the state-participants of the Convention are legalized in a simplified way. Instead of legalization the authorized body of the state of the origin of the document where the document attaches an additional special stamp which is called an apostil.
Apostil authenticates the signature, the position of the official, who signed the document, and of the seal and stamp which it is attached to. The signature, the seal and the stamp attached to the apostil do not require any other certification.
Each state-participant of The Hague Convention determines and sets the authorized representatives which are in charge to stamp documents with apostils.
Consulates of state-participants of The Hague Convention accredited in Russia do not attach apostils and do not have to carry out legalization of documents issued by the authorities or with the participation of the authorities of the represented state.
Cancellation of legalization and apostil
A number of reciprocal agreements on legal raid and legal relations on civil, family and criminal cases concluded by the Russian Federation and The Convention on legal aid and legal relations on civil, family and criminal cases signed on January 22, 1993 in Minsk by the state-participants of CIS advances an order according to which the documents issued by the authorities of one contracting party of the agreement are considered and are used as official documents at the territory of the other contracting party of the agreement without any additional certificate, i.e. without legalization or apostil.